Director of Coaching Position
The Amherst Youth Soccer Association seeks a Director of Coaching (DoC) for the Spring 2023 Season (April 1-June 30). The DoC will be responsible for all player, team, and coaching development for both recreational and travel soccer programs.
Specific duties for this position will include:
- Manage and oversee a regular Saturday recreational program and weekly travel soccer program for approximately 350-400 youth players (3-15 years old). With support of additional hired coaching staff, the DoC will plan and implement an age-appropriate program that introduces young players to the game of soccer and that develops basic game skills and tactics. This program should be compatible with the Play-Practice-Play standard of US Soccer.
- Support the coaching-related needs of both recreational program staff and travel program volunteer coaches. The DoC will be available to advise and assist travel and recreational soccer coaches on issues of player development, game management, tactics and strategy.
- Work with the General Manager to positively promote the game of soccer in the Amherst community.
- Oversee assessment of travel players for spring tryouts (June)
- Demonstrated experience in coaching youth soccer programs
- Class C coaching license (or higher) preferred. Other licenses will be considered.
- Ability to pass a background check and satisfy requirements for a Massachusetts Youth Soccer Association Adult Admin credential
- Availability to attend weekend recreational soccer sessions and weekday afternoon travel soccer sessions in person
Contract amount to be discussed.
Deadline: Applications will be considered upon receipt.
Apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org