Interim Director of Coaching and Player Development (Paid Position)
The Amherst Youth Soccer Association seeks an interim Director of Coaching and Player Development (DoC) for the Fall 2019 Season (Sept 1st-Dec 1st). The Director of Coaching and Player Development is responsible player, team, club and coaching development for Amherst Youth Soccer Association (AYSA).
The Board is currently searching for a permanent Director of Coaching and Player Development. The applicant will be given the opportunity to be considered.
Specific duties for this position will include:
- Manage and oversee a weekly recreational and travel soccer program for approximately 400 youth players (3-15 years old). With support of additional hired coaching staff, the Director will plan and implement an age-appropriate weekly program that introduces young players to the game of soccer and that develops basic game skills and tactics.
- Supporting the coaching-related needs of both recreational program staff and travel program coaches. The Director will be available to advise and assist travel and recreational soccer coaches on issues of coaching, game management, tactics and strategy.
- Working with the Recreational and Travel program directors to positively promote the game of soccer in the Amherst community. As part of efforts to maintain a successful soccer program, the Director will, by invitation, be available to attend monthly meetings of the AYSA Board and will act as a point of contact for members of the community and prospective players and their families.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching youth soccer programs
- Class C coaching license (or higher) preferred. Other licenses will be considered.
- Ability to pass a background check
- Availability to attend weekly recreational soccer events in person
Deadline: Applications will be considered upon receipt.
Submit Resume / CV to email@example.com